Will the IQ recorded data store as .wav file format?

Post your feedback here
navles

Will the IQ recorded data store as .wav file format?

Post by navles » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:53 pm

When recording IQ data, it is stored as .wav file format. If we play the file in SDRuno application it outputs some noisy audio.
I do not know why it is happening like it.

Please can some one explain me about the IQ recording and storing format in SDRuno application.
Last edited by navles on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

hfsdpk11

Re: Will the IQ recorded data store as .wav file format?

Post by hfsdpk11 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Would you please give more detail on what you mean by "noisy audio"? Is it noise/audio artifacts that you're hearing that weren't there when listening to the live stream while making the recording, or are you not hearing anything but random noise regardless of where you tune the VFO or set the demodulation mode?

Remember that the .wav file IQ data plays back into SDRUno before demodulation. You still need to set the VFO and demodulation mode correctly as if you were tuning to a real signal.

Hugo
VE3KTN

navles

Re: Will the IQ recorded data store as .wav file format?

Post by navles » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:57 am

Thank you very much for the information. I have found the problem. Actually I have tried to record the Live FM IQ data, By default SDRuno decodes the FM IQ data and outputs an audio for the received signal. In my case the signal strength of the received signal is very poor that's why it gave noise audio output for the received IQ data.
Last edited by navles on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.