RSP2 + RPi3 works great--but searching for right software

Post your feedback here
sharpav

RSP2 + RPi3 works great--but searching for right software

Post by sharpav » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:30 pm

My new RSP2 and Raspberry Pi 3B bolted together very smoothly, and I was quickly receiving VHF signals in CubicSDR--what an amazing receiver for such a modest price.

I am however struggling to find a very simple Linux command line application that will just receive and demodulate an FM signal and pipe the results to the sound card. (There will be no graphical interface in the intended application.) In the RTL world, "rtl_fm" is such an application, e.g.

Code: Select all

rtl_fm -f 102.7e6 -M wbfm -s 200000 -r 48000 - | aplay -r 48000 -f S16_LE
While I suppose I could code such an app with GNU Radio, I was hoping someone has already created one...suggestions?
Last edited by sharpav on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

fventuri

Re: RSP2 + RPi3 works great--but searching for right software

Post by fventuri » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:14 am

You may want to take a look at 'rx_fm', which is part of rx_tools - https://github.com/rxseger/rx_tools

Franco

sharpav

Re: RSP2 + RPi3 works great--but searching for right software

Post by sharpav » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:53 pm

fventuri wrote:You may want to take a look at 'rx_fm', which is part of rx_tools - https://github.com/rxseger/rx_tools

Franco
Thanks! That is exactly the sort of tool I want. Unfortunately I've not figured out how to make it work quite right with the RSP2 (seems mistuned or maybe wrong bandwidth in wbfm mode). I should pursue assistance from that project I suppose. Maybe there are other similar tools out there that have been tested with this hardware.
Last edited by sharpav on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.