Big Delays Using SDRUno/OmniRig with Yaesu FT900

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
markmokris

Big Delays Using SDRUno/OmniRig with Yaesu FT900

Post by markmokris » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm

I an trying to control my Yaesu FT-900 from SDRUno (SDRPlay RSP2) through the CAT interface and OmniRig. Sometimes the rig frequency changes instantly. Most times there is a delay of 10-15 seconds. It always changes. The delay is a little frustrating.

In OmniRig I use the FT-900 parameters that come with the software.

I control my FT-900 from FLDigi using FLRig without this problem. Also, I can control the FT-900 using TRX-Manager through the CAT interface, and experience NO delays. The rig tracks instantly.

Has anyone run into this with the FT-900. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Mark K8KZ
Last edited by markmokris on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: Big Delays Using SDRUno/OmniRig with Yaesu FT900

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 pm

markmokris wrote:I an trying to control my Yaesu FT-900 from SDRUno (SDRPlay RSP2) through the CAT interface and OmniRig. Sometimes the rig frequency changes instantly. Most times there is a delay of 10-15 seconds. It always changes. The delay is a little frustrating.

In OmniRig I use the FT-900 parameters that come with the software.

I control my FT-900 from FLDigi using FLRig without this problem. Also, I can control the FT-900 using TRX-Manager through the CAT interface, and experience NO delays. The rig tracks instantly.
You said that you are using CAT interface and Omni-Rig. SDR Uno has a CAT interface capability which is separate from Omni-Rig but that is a Kenwood protocol only so I assume you mean doing CAT via Omni-Rig. From what I read you are not using Omni-Rig with any program except SDRUno. Is that correct? So the problem could be with SDRUno or Omni-Rig. Try the following.

1. In SDR Uno make sure that you have checked the boxes shown below. If these are checked I suspect the problem is not in SDRUno because the communications with the Omni-Rig program are generic CAT commands and not radio specific. My own setup works great with Omni-Rig and many other users have had success.

2. The problem is probably with the rig definition file in Omni-Rig or the port settings that you have used. Verify that the Com port #, baud rate, number of data bits, number of stop bits, parity bit and RTS/DTR match what you are using in FLRig and TRX manager. If that does not fix it there may be an error in the FT900 rig.ini file. The author of the program did not test all of these. Some are from other users. You can see what is happening if you put Omni-Rig into log mode. Here is how to do it.

To enable error logging, stop all programs that use OmniRig and add the following lines to the
OmniRig.ini file:

[Debug]
Log=1

The log file (OmniRig.log) is created in the OmniRig directory upon the exit from all programs that use OmniRig, and is cleared on the next start of the program.

3. If you still can't find the problem you can use the Omni-Rig test client to try and figure out what is going wrong.
Details are here >> http://dxatlas.com/omnirig/BetaTest.txt
Attachments
900.PNG
900.PNG (17.02 KiB) Viewed 9160 times
catter.png
catter.png (5.26 KiB) Viewed 9160 times

markmokris

Re: Big Delays Using SDRUno/OmniRig with Yaesu FT900

Post by markmokris » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:57 pm

Roger,

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Yes, I definitely think it is a problem between Omnirig and the FT900. I will try to experiment with the Client and see if I can get some better results. I did not know about the "log" feature in OmniRig. I will give that a try.

Thanks again,

Mark K8KZ
Last edited by markmokris on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.