Ignore silence during recording?

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Sundog

Ignore silence during recording?

Post by Sundog » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi all, congratulations on an excellent product and an excellent piece of software. I am enjoying both very much!

One question: Is there a way during recording to ignore silence, as in some other software? I searched the manual and forum and didn't turn up anything. With fairly slow action like we have here, that's a pretty essential feature.

Thanks and thanks for a great product!
Last edited by Sundog on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Ignore silence during recording?

Post by Tech_Support » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Hello Sundog,
At the moment, the recording function records the entire I/Q input spectrum, but it is only possible to monitor signals that the VFO is tuned to. In the future, we plan an audio recording function (from only the signal that the VFO is tuned to) and we plan to have the option to link the actual recording to the squelch function which should achieve what you are looking for. I am afraid that I cannot say when this may be completed.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

Sundog

Post by Sundog » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Thanks very much. As a developer myself I completely understand. Congratulations again on a really excellent product.
Last edited by Sundog on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

JJ_in_TN

Post by JJ_in_TN » Thu May 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Until SDRuno implements this feature, if you are on Windows you can use Audacity open source software. Under the Transport menu select Transport Options > Sound Activated Recording. You can then set the level at which recording is triggered.

https://www.audacityteam.org/