V1.31 ANOMALY

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Paul

V1.31 ANOMALY

Post by Paul » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Starting point:
Slave Receiver Scanning Mode custom presets #1 - 3 set up and renamed.
Worked faultlessly for some time. However the renamed custom preset #3 has disappeared.
The memory file associated with it remains in the assigned documents folder.
I have assigned the preset details to custom preset #4 with a one-up serial number name.
Is it possible to recover (or iind).
Whilst definitely not "a show stopper," it would be interesting to resolve, so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: V1.31 ANOMALY

Post by sdrplay » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:19 am

Hello Paul,

Couple of things...

Firstly, remember that all configuration within SDRuno (including the scanner) is stored under the instance number. So if you have setup scanner presets in the Slave instance, then that will be at least INST1 (unless you have more than just a RSPduo of course)

So it's worth having a look in the ini file (%appdata%\SDRplay\SDRuno.ini) to see if your preset is there under INST0 or INST1 etc.

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean about associating memory panels to presets? The active memory panel is what is used for all scans, so it's not surprising that the memory panel you have been using is still there. Maybe I misunderstand you?

Anyway, check the ini file to see if the preset is there under a different INST #

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Paul

Re: V1.31 ANOMALY

Post by Paul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:42 am

Dear Support
sdrplay wrote:So it's worth having a look in the ini file (%appdata%\SDRplay\SDRuno.ini) to see if your preset is there under INST0 or INST1 etc.

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean about associating memory panels to presets? The active memory panel is what is used for all scans, so it's not surprising that the memory panel you have been using is still there. Maybe I misunderstand you?
Thank you for your rapid and lucid response, especially for the helpful link to the .ini file. (it's a bit complex for an IT numpty like me-but trying still)
I don't want to waste your valuable time by banging on about something that I've worked around, but I'll attempt to clarify (sorry if a bit lengthy!):
I have s duo and a RSP2 and use all three RX's together, often the Master on HF, the Slave on VHF and the RSP2 also on HF (or VHF) - it's a great facility!
As you point out, the memory panes are intact for all three RX's. However, when entering the scanner configuration panel for the Slave RX, the Slave receiver Custom Presets now list:
(1) "Name
(2) Name
(3) Previously named is now missing
Custom Presets 4/5/6/7/8
These "blind scan" presets have been much used regularly and to my advantage, descriptions of frequencies found being edited in where identified and additional ones copied and pasted in from existing memory panes, which has worked well as one can effectively continue enjoying the the blind scan speed of the range whilst adding to the existing memory pane rather than scanning as a memory(it's great!).
I hope that this may clarify my "anomaly," but if not, please may I apologise for wasting your time and I wouldn't wish you to waste more time chasing "a unicorn!"
I have an additional RX on which I can set (and scan) any particular frequencies of interest found during a session.
Thanks again for a truly excellent product.
Best wishes