An idea for the scanner

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Jekko

An idea for the scanner

Post by Jekko » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi,

first of all, my congratulations for the new improvements of SdrUno, and the roadmap is outstanding too.

About the scanner, i would like to discuss this case:
when i scan a large portion of band the noise floor may vary really much, so above the thresold of scanning i could have a signal at the start frequency scan and noise at the end of frequency scan.

Could be possible, instead of having a fixed DB thresold, to add a function that give positive scan over a fixed SNR ratio?

In this last case the software would measure the distance by the peak to the floor, and noise would become not relevant in the scanning process so the problem would be resolved.

I am aware that in SdrUno 1.33 will be added the scanning thresold for each frequency in the memory panel, but this will resolve the problem only for fixed frequencies and not in the continuous band scanning mode.

Thank you very much for the attention.
Last edited by Jekko on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason
Rsp1a owner

diacong

Re: An idea for the scanner

Post by diacong » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:39 pm

May I add another request for the scanner?

When scanning a memory bank and a signal is found the description is displayed beneath "WAITING (or HOLDING) nnnnnn Hz" . The description text is relatively small and it's probably age related but I find that it is not easy to read quickly. Can it be made at least as large as WAITING/HOLDING?

Graham G8EWT
Last edited by diacong on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason