Just two words, Steve: Great job.

Best regards.
ANgazu

Reason: No reason

sdjack

Re: Feedback for version 0.9a here

Post by sdjack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:45 am

SteveAndrew wrote:
sdjack wrote:I am running with RSP1A, Win7 X64 and min Sweep Wide is 1Mhz. Any suggestion?
As mentioned in the release notes, due to problems with the sweep system, sweep widths of less than 10KHz, and greater than 10MHz have been disabled. This issue will have been resolved for the next release. The current system should allow sweep widths of less than 1MHZ. Can you provide any more information regarding the problem ? - You say you cannot get less than a minimum 1MHz sweep, are the buttons below 1MHz enabled ?
Tnx for the reply.Yes the buttons are enabled, when i push ie. the 100kz or 10khz button it is still remaining in 1Mhz bandwide, 200khz or 20khz stays at 2Mhz, 500khz or 50khz is fixed at 5Mhz.
Last edited by sdjack on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sasan

Post by Sasan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 am

SteveAndrew wrote:By the way, I have to thank you for your original post in https://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewt ... ?f=9&t=636 where you posted some sample code in C#. That got me started on writing a bit of code to control the RSP using C# - The analyser is the end product.
Well, I am happy and honored to hear that.
Keep up the good work.

DF2HF

DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C

NK7Z

Post by NK7Z » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello,
If possible, please leave in the ability to show a full 24 hour period of time in the actual displayed waterfall. Having data as a separate file would be useful as well to break out the start and end times exactly. I currently use different software to for this. Having one piece of software do it all is a rather pleasant thought!

I must say, you have done one heck of a good job on this... I have been using the software extensively for a few days now to document a recurring RFI event, across 3 MHz, to 28 MHz., in preparation for reporting it to the FCC. This software has become the tool of choice! THANK YOU AGAIN!

avdeur

Post by avdeur » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Great piece of software ! Thanks for that Sir ! As a newbie in this matter can anybody point me to a book - website etc. like "Introduction to the use of a Spectrum Analyser etc.´ Would be pleased to study this before using this tool. Thanks in advance 73 Albert PD0OXW
Last edited by avdeur on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

NK7Z

Post by NK7Z » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Take a look at:

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/t ... alyzer.php

that will get you started. Be sure to hit "Next" at the bottom of the first page.

rune sm3mzy

Post by rune sm3mzy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:58 pm

the program does not work in my computer with windows 7 pro 32 bit..why ?

best regards Rune SM3MZY
Last edited by rune sm3mzy on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

vsonnier

Post by vsonnier » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:44 pm

SteveAndrew wrote:
vsonnier wrote:This is crashing at startup as others saw on my own Windows 10 x64 1803 French.
When launched on the command line it shows the following traceback:

Unhandled exception: System.FormatException: Le format de la cha▒ne d'entr▒e est incorrect. ( = incorrect input format)
▒ System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
▒ System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
▒ Spectrum.frmMain.getRegistryInfo()
▒ Spectrum.frmMain..ctor()
▒ Spectrum.Program.Main()

---
Please try this and let me know if it works. In the meantime I'll look at the code and see what can be done to rectify the problem. I'll change my settings to French, this will allow me to try and duplicate the problem here, and also test any revised code.
Thanks, it works !

Definitely a problem of the current locale reading numbers, where "," is supposed to be the French Locale convention for decimal separator, opposed to "." in English.
As for all, Stackoverflow may have an answer for this :
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/834 ... ut#8348390
Last edited by vsonnier on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 pm

sdjack wrote:Tnx for the reply.Yes the buttons are enabled, when i push ie. the 100kz or 10khz button it is still remaining in 1Mhz bandwide, 200khz or 20khz stays at 2Mhz, 500khz or 50khz is fixed at 5Mhz.
I cannot reproduce the problem here. Just to clarify your answer: You say for example, if you select 100KHz, or 10KHz, that the analyser stays at 1MHZ bandwidth, do the 100KHz or 10KHz buttons become selected, but the displayed bandwidth stays the same, or are the 100KHz and 10KHz buttons not being selected at all. If possible can you tell me what happens with the Start/End numbers under the centre freq control on the sweep control panel, and the sweep width figures on the on-screen display when you select the different sweep width buttons?

Also, can you tell me what your region setting is on your machine ? - There have been some reported problems with systems set to French/France. In that instance, the analyser will not start at all, but there may something else connected to region settings that are having an affect. It might be worth changing your settings to English/USA or English/UK if they are not already set to that, and seeing if that makes any difference.

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:44 pm

rune sm3mzy wrote:he program does not work in my computer with windows 7 pro 32 bit..why ?
Can you provide a little more information if possible. Does the analyser actually load and display anything on the screen ? What region setting are you using on your system ?

There have been some reported problems with machines set to French/France, where the analyser will not start. If your region settings are not English/USA or English/UK, try changing them to one of these.