Software Coleout and release os RSP

Information and discussions on Spectrum Analysis
wa7eyp

Software Coleout and release os RSP

Post by wa7eyp » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:46 am

Closed software and tried ro run SDRUNO. Windows reported that it was in use. Tried several;l times. No avail. Had to disconnect and reconnect RSP to be able to use SDRUNO. This was on Windows 7 64-bit, 12 GByte system with an RSP1.
Great software. Nice GUI. Was able to use it immediately.
Thanks.
Last edited by wa7eyp on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

SteveAndrew

Re: Software Coleout and release os RSP

Post by SteveAndrew » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:50 am

wa7eyp wrote:Closed software and tried ro run SDRUNO. Windows reported that it was in use.
I've checked with my system and I'm not able to reproduce the problem, but that's not to say it doesn't happen. The system here is Win10, 64 bit. I'm currently working on the next release and will periodically test to see if the problem appears.

alantlk

Post by alantlk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi, I've seen this as well, not every time though. RSP2Pro, W10 Pro

I found waiting a bit usually cleared it, but other times I had to disconnect the USB before it could be used with SDRUno, either with Usbdeview or physically.

Guesswork but I suspect the close process isn't exiting the USB connection cleanly, so it's still locked as used until the automatic Windows garbage collector cleans up orphaned resources, if it can?

Even bigger guesswork is that the relevant Windows handle is getting deleted too early, somehow leaving the USB driver still active so when another app tries to use the connection it's refused?

Hope that helps.

Alan G0TLK

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:11 am

alantlk wrote:Hi, I've seen this as well, not every time though. RSP2Pro, W10 Pro
I'll have a look at the code that handles the radio selection and see if there is something hiding there that may cause this problem.