Feedback for version 1.0b here

Information and discussions on Spectrum Analysis
sdrplay

Re: Feedback for version 1.0b here

Post by sdrplay » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 pm

Maybe if some other Windows 7 users could report how it's working, it might give Steve some clues as to whether there is something to look at there or not.

Sorry it's not working for you.

Best regards,

Andy

Reason: No reason

Brian VK6LO

Post by Brian VK6LO » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:36 am

SteveAndrew wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 am
Brian VK6LO wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:19 am
Steve
The beta version operates on Vista apart from scrolling the centre frequency
Mouse scrolling does not change any digits however the digit/s can be hi-lighted (and flash) with the mouse and changed by keyboard arrows and also new frequency can be entered from the keyboard
Early days but looks good - thanks

Brian
Hi Brian

Vista does not seem to recognize the scroll wheel. As you mention, keyboard entry mode is possible.

Best regards

Steve
I don't believe it is a Vista problem as other programs including SDRUno respond to the mouse scroll wheel

Brian
Last edited by Brian VK6LO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

JJ_in_TN

Post by JJ_in_TN » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 pm

I also have the mouse wheel scrolling issue for the frequency selection control. When I hover the mouse over a digit the gray box appears, but scrolling the mouse wheel does nothing. If I click on the digit the box starts flashing and the keyboard arrow keys reliably change the digits.

Windows 7/64
Device manager reports an HID-compliant mouse, it's a Logitech G300S attached by a USB cable.
The driver is Microsoft, date:6/21/2006, version 6.1.7600.16385
consisting of files:
Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys
Windows\system32\DRIVERS\mouhid.sys

The scroll wheel works in other applications. Although Windows reports that I have the latest version of the drivers, these are very old and generic.
I prefer not to load non-Microsoft drivers but I installed the latest Logitech Gaming Bloatware for a test. My mouse is now recognized as a Logitech G300 by the recent Logitech drivers. The scroll wheel still does not change the digits.

Otherwise the new version seems superb, thank you!
Last edited by JJ_in_TN on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

SteveAndrew

Scroll wheel problems

Post by SteveAndrew » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:09 am

Hi all

I've been having a look at the scroll wheel problems under Vista and Win 7. As rightly mentioned, the scroll wheel should and does work under Vista as seen with SDRuno. The scroll wheel is also working with the analyser's normal numeric up/down controls under Vista so it looks as if the problem is on my side somewhere. I have a good idea what is (not) happening, I'll keep you posted.

Best regards

Steve
Last edited by SteveAndrew on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

W8SKQ

Post by W8SKQ » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:46 pm

I'm not able to start the tracking generator in this version. However I have never had it working either.
After correcting my Arduino board for a bent pin on the Atmel device I'm able to use the command functions with both Putty as well as the Arduino serial interface.

One problem I have is that the frequency I programmed actually results in 24% of that programmed.
for example 1000 results in 240 Hz. as measured on my scope. 1,000,000 results in 240KHz etc.

Has anyone seen this happen?
Perhaps I've typed a bad command but have reset and cleared all settings.

I don't believe this is related to not being able to open the track generator function in the Spectrum Analyzer.

So my other issue is not being able to open tracking generator in the Spectrum Analyzer app.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cliff-W8SKQ
Last edited by W8SKQ on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.