Controlling your RSP and Radio with Ham Radio Deluxe

An area to exchange hints and tips on various rig control software, also a place to ask the community questions if you are having problems.
frankj03570

Re: Controlling your RSP and Radio with Ham Radio Deluxe

Post by frankj03570 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:09 am

I have a Yaesu FTDX-1200 and using SDRUno (rig control is using OmniRig). It took a while to figure out to get the two to talk to each other but finally was successful. Then I decided to integrate the FTDX-1200 and SDRUno with Ham Radio Deluxe. I wrestled with this for quite some time. I followed each step in the video on the SDRPlay website and created the two virtual ports, then added the CAT control for the first virtual port. I then created a new Ham Radio Deluxe connection using the other virtual port that I had created. Ham Radio Deluxe failed to connect no matter what I tried (CTS, DTC,baud rate etc). The point I missed in the SDRPlay video was that regardless of the rig you are connecting to Ham Radio Deluxe you must select the Kenwood TS-480 or similar Kenwood transceiver. My troubleshooting would have been non-existent if the video (and Application Note) made it crystal clear that you have to set up Ham Radio deluxe using a Kenwood transceiver - not the FTDX-1200 (I have the last free version of Ham Radio Deluxe so I chose the FT-990). In order to find a solution I joined this forum and viewed the Ham Radio Deluxe posts. One post by TechWizard100 suggested the Kenwood TS-440 as he felt that "works best". I got to thinking that maybe he was trying to tell me that Kenwood in the Ham Radio Deluxe connection is what you need to do (THANKS TechWizard100!!!!!).
I am up and running now. Maybe SRDPlay could update their video and Application Note to reflect this important point. Thanks and 73, Frank K1FFJ
Last edited by frankj03570 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason