How do I set Bandwidth

An area to exchange hints and tips on various rig control software, also a place to ask the community questions if you are having problems.
bandmax

How do I set Bandwidth

Post by bandmax » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Hello Forum,

I have a Duo. I can't switch the SDRuno receiver to show/monitor ~10 MHz of bandwidth, it always shows ~2 Mhz in the main window. Yes, I am in single mode.

I know there are million buttons, I am new, probably something obvious, sorry.
Last edited by bandmax on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: How do I set Bandwidth

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:47 am

Hello Bandmax,
You need to select ZIF mode on the Main panel instead of LIF mode (Using the IF mode toggle button). After selecting ZIF mode, the sample rate can be changed, whereas in LIF mode, the input sample rate is fixed at 2 MHz and so this represents the maximum bandwidth in LIF mode. In ZIF mode, you can select up to 10 MHz bandwidth.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 am

You may be in Low_IF mode. There is only one sample rate available (2 Mhz). Switch to Zero-IF Mode and there will be multiple sample rates available.
You'll find the setting in the Main panel under 'IF Mode'. If the box to the right reads 'LIF' you are in Low-IF mode. Click on 'LIF', it should change to 'ZIF' (Zero-IF). Then by left clicking on the box (which now is visible) to the right of the text ' SR(MHZ)' (which should contain '2.0') a menu of 9 sample rate choices should appear --- from 2 through 10, you can change the sample rate (bandwidth) there. There is some info about this for the Duo on page 79 of the Users Manual.

bandmax

Post by bandmax » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:19 am

Thanks Folks.

I am still only on page 36 of the manual - I didn't know that feature was in an appendix.
Last edited by bandmax on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.