Help with install

General discussions
wa2bfw

Help with install

Post by wa2bfw » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:08 am

I just purchased a RSP1 and cannot get it to work with ANY SDR SW on my mac mini running OSX 10.9.5
IS there anyone that has a detailed step by step guide that can help me get this working?
I'd really appreciate it. My problem seems to be that when I plug in the SDRplay, it's not recognized by any of the SDR SW packages. CUbicSDR for example.
I know it works because if I put it on my win book everything is fine. I don't want to run WINDOWS at all if I can avoid it.

Marv
marvs@att.net
Last edited by wa2bfw on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

octave9

Re: Help with install

Post by octave9 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 am

Hoping you get help soon. Just a thought in the meantime.

There are a lot of us in the same (or similar) boat. I certainly don't want to run Windows, but iRacing made me buy Windows 7 and SDRUno made me move my game PC to where I can run and operate Uno on it. I'd use Linux for everything if I could, but I do understand some of what's involved to support all three platforms.

I did manage to get CubicSDR working on Linux for RSP2 and I had Gqrx working with an RTL dongle, but I really like Uno and it will probably be a long time before that one is ported for non MS users.

someYguy

Post by someYguy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Not very helpful for the Mac but I suggest simply using your RSP1 on a Windows machine, perhaps an older one which you can dedicate to it. The reality of it is that of the current software offerings, the Windows programs are far superior to their Mac & Linux cousins, and far easier to set up also.

I don't blame you for not wanting the latest & greatest (Not!) Windows - Win 10. I don't have it and never will. And I use Ubuntu Linux 16.04 for most daily tasks.

But I long since realized that my RSP1 would never realize its full potential nor work reliably unless I use Windows with it because good software & support for the other operating systems just isn't there yet. So my RSP1 is connected to an old Dell Optiplex 330 running Windows 7 Professional and I have no problems with it.

MacDieter

Post by MacDieter » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:12 am

Which is please as difficult.
Download the program:
Https://github.com/cjcliffe/CubicSDR/releases
CubicSDR-0.2.1-Darwin.dmg
Unpack and start it ....
Then comes a window for SDR devices
SDRplay Dev0 RSP1 must be listed.
If it is not there, click the Refresh button.
Do not run SDRPlay over a USB hub, but
Directly on the Mac USB port.
-
I'm assuming that the API / Driver
Has been installed.
Http://www.sdrplay.com/macdl.php

Have fun

Dieter
Last edited by MacDieter on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.