looking for audio dsp program to use along with sdrplay

General discussions
mark.

looking for audio dsp program to use along with sdrplay

Post by mark. » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:58 pm

I would like to run a audio DSP program along with SDRuno. Since my computer has a nice amp and speakers, having full range audio is sometimes a drawback. For instance, when listening to 2 meter repeaters with their PL tones in the 127hz area, the bass rumbling in the audio is pronounced and annoying. Listening to backround static is also more annoying with full range audio. So I guess at the very least I am looking for a program that offers just an EQ. Minimum of 10 bands would do. If it has other features like auto or manual notching filters too, cool. But just plain old EQ is the main thing.

Does anyone have a program to recommend?
Last edited by mark. on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g4enz

Re: looking for audio dsp program to use along with sdrplay

Post by g4enz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Mark,

SDRuno can already do what you want. From RX Control use EXW to open the "EX Control" panel and then look at PDBPF. This allows you to set a low frequency cut-off "LC" to remove those rumbles (CTCSS tones) and a high frequency cut-off HC to remove the hiss.

Hope this helps,
73 Martin - G4ENZ

mark.

Post by mark. » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Woo Hoo. This will work good until I find a fuller featured program. Thankyou very much.
Last edited by mark. on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:36 pm

This should also help.

BW (mouse wheel adjustment): Set the bandwidth of notch filters 1-4. Use the mouse wheel to adjust
these values

FREQ (mouse wheel adjustment): Set the center frequency of the notch filters 1-4 in Hz. Use the mouse
wheel to adjust these values

N1-N4: This corresponds to each notch filter NCH1 - NCH4 (notch filters 1-4). Please look at Page 27 of
the SDRuno Manual for enabling the notch feature.
http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_SDR ... Manual.pdf

AM SOFT FILTER (button): Clicking the "SOFT" button to activate the AM mode soft filter.

FC (mouse wheel adjustment): Specify the cutoff frequency of AM soft filter. Use the mouse wheel to
adjust this value.

AGC (slider): Adjust the AGC threshold by sliding to the left and right.

NB (slider): Adjust the threshold of the noise blanker by sliding to the left and right.

NR (slider): Adjust the threshold of noise reduction by sliding to the left and right.

CWPK (slider): Adjust the threshold of CWPK (the function that automatically tunes to the peak of CW) by
sliding to the left and right.

FM DEEM (button): Clicking the "DEEM" button to activate the de-emphasis function. Select 50 uS or 75
uS: (50 uS for non-US regions and 75 uS for US regions).

AFC (button): Clicking the "AFC" button enables the automatic frequency tuning function.

MONO (button): Clicking the “MONO” button switches to mono reception mode.

FMS-NR (button): Clicking the “FMS-NR” button to activate Noise Reduction algorithm for FM stereo.

FMS-NR (slider): Adjust the FMS-NR threshold by sliding to the left and right.

PDBPF (button): Click to enable Pure Data Band Pass Filter.

LC & HC (mouse wheel adjustment): You can adjust the low cutoff “LC” frequency value and the high
cutoff “HC” frequency value. Use the mouse wheel to adjust these values.