SDRPlay and Windows XP

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
patof054

SDRPlay and Windows XP

Post by patof054 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:50 am

I recently received an RSP and it's been performing perfectly with my Windows 7 PC with HDSDR.

I'd like to be able to run RSP/HDSDR remotely on a remote Windows XP PC. I know I should upgrade to a "modern" PC (and will probably end up doing that), but before I give up on attempting to get the RSP/HDSDR running on this old Windows XP PC, I thought I'd ask if anyone else done this.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to get RSP/HDSDR working on this old PC. HDSDR comes up, ExtIO seems to be working (but hangs often), but no activity in the waterfall, etc.

This Windows XP is so old, it only has USB 1.0 and I'm thinking that may be my problem.

So, (finally) my question is, has anyone gotten RSP/HDSDR working on Windows XP with USB 1.0?

I'm guessing the answer is "No", so getting ready to upgrade to a "modern" PC :).

Thanks,

Pat
Last edited by patof054 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: SDRPlay and Windows XP

Post by Tech_Support » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:20 am

Hello Pat,
I am afraid that the RSP does not support USB 1.0. USB 1.0 simply doesn't provide sufficient bandwidth for even the lowest sample rates required by the RSP.

Sincerely

Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason