Suggestions and ideas for new utilities

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Sasan

Suggestions and ideas for new utilities

Post by Sasan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:38 am

Hi
I was thinking about developing an open source tool for SDRPlay.
Dear SDRPlay users, what utilities you lack in your day-to-day operation of SDRPlay?
These come to my mind now:
1- An equivalent of rtl_433 for SDRPlay
2- A very fast spectrum sweep tool (if possible. already asked in the Code Corner section of forum)
3- An optimized "I/Q over Network" and "remote control" for Mac
4- Better Mac OS X support (contributions to gr-osmosdr)

What do you think?
Any missing feature/tool that lots of users wish existed?
Thanks

Reason: No reason
DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C

someYguy

Re: Suggestions and ideas for new utilities

Post by someYguy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:08 am

I would like to see more features which are geared toward the use of the RSPx as a spectrum analyzer for test purposes - i.e. calibrated levels with adjustable reference level, marker(s) with dedicated frequency & level readouts, and adjustable frequency span with its own readout.

I've used it as such along with SDRSharp software for display and it works quite well and is accurate in both frequency and level after calibration.

deadite66

Post by deadite66 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 pm

I'd love a version of RTLSDR-Airband for sdrplay, failing that a port of rtl_fm.
would be nice to record stuff for later listening on something low powered like a raspberry pi.

RSP2 Pro and RSP1A owner.

IW2DHW

Post by IW2DHW » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:11 am

A program without any GUI, running on Windows, Mac and Linux, getting I/Q from SDRPlay (or from stdin), processing samples and putting audio on stdout.

This program can be controlled by a TCP connection and used without any GUI or with an external GUI using same TCP protocol, also on network.

At startup it read frequency, samplerate, gain reduction, mode (AM/FM/SSB) and bandwidth, with sane default (i.e 6000 Hz for AM)

Piping stdout to a player we can have audio, redirecting to a file we can have a recording machine, and so on.

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW