RSP1A PC software on a Mac-is it possible

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
kb2qqm

RSP1A PC software on a Mac-is it possible

Post by kb2qqm » Sat May 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Hi. I am running my SDRPlay RSP1A box on my Linux and Mac Machine using CubicSDR. I was wondering if anyone has tried running the PC software on their Mac OSX running the Program called CrossOver for MAC. https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/

Can I use this software on my Mac for $40 to run the windows version of the SDRPlay software ? Anybody try it ?

Greg
Last edited by kb2qqm on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

someYguy

Re: RSP1A PC software on a Mac-is it possible

Post by someYguy » Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 pm

I've read that some folks have run SDRUno, HDSDR, et al on the Mac under various emulators with good success. But such is difficult to set up and maintain.

If you want to use the Windows SDR programs, probably is best to dedicate a simple Windows machine to the purpose. Despite what some say, it does not need to be an overblown Windows 10 box with tons of processor & memory. I use an old Dell Optiplex 360 (2.8ghz Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM) running Windows 7 for the RSP and it works fine, even at full bandwidth of 10mhz on the SDR. But said computer is dedicated to the RSP and so has no other software installed.

Hope this helps and good luck! :)

vk7jj

CrossOver Mac

Post by vk7jj » Sun May 20, 2018 10:23 pm

I was wondering if anyone has tried running the PC software on their Mac OSX running the Program called CrossOver
Hi Greg, you could try CrossOver for free and let us all know ;-)

https://www.codeweavers.com/products/cr ... c/download

As someYguy says some of us use a Windows virtual machine with their Mac. I'm one, and happy to do it (using VMWare Fusion + Win10) as it works fine for my needs, the rational being that I already owned it as a second machine and have no desire or room in the radio shack to accomodate or afford a second high quality 27" screen. Sounds like you may be in a similar position.

Regards, Phil.

AussieSusan

Post by AussieSusan » Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 am

I use Parallels on my Mac (Windows 10 , VMs with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions but I only use the 32-bit for the SDRuno code) and it works well.
Susan

MiamiC70

Post by MiamiC70 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:56 am

kb2qqm wrote:Hi. I am running my SDRPlay RSP1A box on my Linux and Mac Machine using CubicSDR. I was wondering if anyone has tried running the PC software on their Mac OSX running the Program called CrossOver for MAC. https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/

Can I use this software on my Mac for $40 to run the windows version of the SDRPlay software ? Anybody try it ?

Greg
I’m using Parallels on macOS High Sierra until SDRPlay figures out OSX is worthy of thier software support or I drop dead waiting.