install problems: rsp1 and hdsdr on win 7 starter

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
k4ccf

install problems: rsp1 and hdsdr on win 7 starter

Post by k4ccf » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:07 am

My RSP1 works fantastically well on my 64 bit win 7 all-in-one I7 computer whether I use HDSDR or SDR uno. I've been using it for about a year and a half with zero problems.

Today I wanted to use the RSP1 with HDSDR on my 32 bit win7 netbook with an Atom processor. The software install seemed to go smoothly. However, when I start HDSDR, I immediately get the message, "Failed to find any available RSP1s".

Once HDSDR starts, clicking on Options | Select Input shows the message "ExtIO: Hardware not ready"

At this point, I'm lost. I welcome any suggestions about what I might have done wrong or how I can diagnose why the RSP1 can't be found by my netbook.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Last edited by k4ccf on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

k4ccf

Re: install problems: rsp1 and hdsdr on win 7 starter

Post by k4ccf » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:06 pm

HDSDR now works with my RSP1 on my under-powered netbook.

It was a driver issue, as in the installer for HDSDR failed to install the driver. Very strange.

I fixed it by uninstalling HDSDR, installing (and testing) SDRuno, then re-installing HDSDR. This time, while installing HDSDR I noticed that there was an install-time message about a failure to install the driver. I didn't notice that yesterday. However, since the driver had been installed with SDRuno, it was all good this time.

As to why I never saw this problem when I installed HDSDR on my extremely capable all-in-one computer a year and a half ago, my theory is that I installed SDRuno first, then HDSDR and that sequence covered up the problem which tripped me up yesterday.

Very strange.

Jim
Last edited by k4ccf on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason