Another question about SDRPlay antenna connector

Useful information regarding antennas for SDR products.
GrahamC

Another question about SDRPlay antenna connector

Post by GrahamC » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:35 pm

Good day all,

Question for the designers of SDRPlay.

Is there any reason why the antenna connector on the SDRPlay is on one side of the case and the USB connection on the other?

By design to reduce EMI / RFI from the USB connection?

Due to considerations or concerns with respect to the PCB layout and location of USB connection and RF input?

Through an extensive survey, users made a stated preference for this configuration?

Or, just seemed like a good idea at the time?

I ask as my preference would be for the antenna connector to be on the same side as the USB connector making it easier to put the case on a shelf and have all cable connect from the back side. This would be an easy retrofit on my part as the case comes aparts easily and there is lots of room inside and on the back side of the case to accomodate. In fact, thinking of it now and the way the case is made and the connectors current location, it make just as simple as taking the top off turning 180 degrees and screwing the top back on ( I will have to go now and have a look).

That said however, if there is a real problem with causing EMI / RFI by doing so then perhaps it is not even worth trying.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc
Last edited by GrahamC on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason