Breaking changes in SDRPlay API

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
Sasan

Breaking changes in SDRPlay API

Post by Sasan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Dear SDRPlay team
Here's a request:
Could you please mention the breaking changes when you release a new API, so other developers/etc can do something about it? (although in a perfect world, it would be nice not to have any breaking changes)
While compiling an open source project, I realized that it can't be compiled, because of the recent change to "mir_sdr_StreamCallback_t" 's signature (the addition of hwRemoved parameter) in API 2.13
I didn't find any announcement regarding this change in your API release notes or the specification.
Although you contribute code to popular projects like Soapy, other less-known projects could also use these announcements to be able to react in a timely manner and update their code

Best regards

Reason: No reason
DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C

sdrplay

Re: Breaking changes in SDRPlay API

Post by sdrplay » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:40 pm

You are correct, there is indeed an extra parameter required in the stream callback, which I should have made developers aware of. I've spent quite a bit of time over the last week or so having discussions with developers about the change between 2.11 and 2.13 and rebuilding as much as I can.

Any developer struggling to use the API can email me at software@sdrplay.com

The addition of the hwRemoved parameter in the stream callback defintion is the only thing that will cause compilation issues.

Best regards,

Andy

OH2BUA

Post by OH2BUA » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:28 am

Hi,

can't resist to remind that it would be great if SDRuno could be run without any RSP available. My RSPs are doing full duty 24/7, and I still have hundreds of gigabytes of wideband mid-winter MW IQ-recordings to listen - but I can't do that without an 'available' RSP.

73, Jukka

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:18 am

Current versions of SDRSharp will playback SDRPlay I/Q files. No driver required.

OH2BUA

Post by OH2BUA » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:21 am

Mike2459 wrote:Current versions of SDRSharp will playback SDRPlay I/Q files. No driver required.
Ok Mike, also HDSDR does that, but I would like to use SDRuno.

73, Jukka