SDRuno RSPduo and K3 IF

General discussions
Linas LY2H

SDRuno RSPduo and K3 IF

Post by Linas LY2H » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Hello Group,

I’d like to hear your experience on running the RSPduo RX with SDRuno s/w as Panadapter for the Elecraft K3/K3S using the IF output of this transceiver.
I connect the IF output to one of the RSPduo inputs and tune it to the K3’s IF frequency at 8,215 mHz. I can see the spectrum and hear the signals in the default bandwith . If I change the bands manually on the K3 I hear/see the signals on other bands. And... that is really it! If I try to synch the SDRuno and the K3 via the Omnirig in order to be able to click-change the K3’s frequency accordingly to what is seen on the spectrum, the K3 synchs which means it goes to the 8,215mHz, and becomes useless :) It doesn’t matter at this stage how would I configure the RSPduo, like Zero-IF or Low-if, lock or no LO - it just the principal question : is it the IF output method just that useful for the panadapter application?

The other method for panadapter like using separate antenna for rx or to share the same antenna through the antenna switch works just fine with various rigs in my shack and brings up no questions, so please don’t go into debate on this :)
73 Linas LY2H
Last edited by Linas LY2H on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: SDRuno RSPduo and K3 IF

Post by Roger » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:30 pm

This may help you.... viewtopic.php?t=1347

Have you set the IF frequency in the main settings?
k3.PNG
k3.PNG (76.01 KiB) Viewed 20026 times
See the other settings in the post linked above.

Linas LY2H

Post by Linas LY2H » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks Roger!
No worry anymore :) I’ve just got an answer from the very quick SDRplay Support! The SP1 mouse click disable on IF mode turns to be a known issue for the SDRuno current version and not yet fixed! But they working on that and we might expect the fix in some future!
I hope this news will help many other people to save time and not try like me to make it working when it is not supposed to work :)
73! Linas LY2H
Last edited by Linas LY2H on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:24 pm

A number of RSP owners use SDR-Console or HDSDR as their panadapter software. These programs support the click on waterfall mode of operation when in IF mode.

bconder@yahoo.com

Post by bconder@yahoo.com » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Just got a nice used K-3 and trying to connect the RSP2 and SDRuno. Before I had a TS-590 running fairly well.
Just wondered if there was an update since the last message was posted last year.
Also, can I just run an external dipole antenna into one of the inputs and tune it?
Sorry if this is a poorly worded question.
Bob K4RLC
Last edited by bconder@yahoo.com on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.