Bought new RSP1A, doesn't work.

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
ohioroyce

Bought new RSP1A, doesn't work.

Post by ohioroyce » Sun May 19, 2019 12:54 pm

Here is the situation. I upgraded from the RSP1 to the PSR1A. I am using a HP laptop with Windows Vista. The RSP1 was working well, however, I can't get the RSP1A to work. I get a message that the device cannot initalize, api failure. I have tried removing the drivers and reinstalling, but that does not work. I have tried downloading and installing the api 2.13, installing mirics, and even installing extio looking for something to get it working. I am using the sdruno 1.31. Is there something wrong with the RSP1A I just bought? Is there some other drivers I need to install? or uninstall? At this point I am just don't know how to get this new RSP1A working. Maybe it doesn't work with Windows Vista?

Reason: No reason

Paul

Re: Bought new RSP1A, doesn't work.

Post by Paul » Sun May 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Just a thought.
In version 1.3/1,31 navigate to the C drive X86 Programmes - SDRPlay/SDR uno and run the "Restart Service BAT.
Perhaps run it twice, then try your 1A again - it may have helped.Best of luck!

ohioroyce

Post by ohioroyce » Tue May 21, 2019 11:32 pm

I have tried everything I think and just can't get the 1A to work on my Windows Vista laptop. The interesting thing is, when I was using my RSP1 it showed up in the device manager under the sound, speaker, etc. devices. The 1A, however, does not show up there. In the device manager the 1A shows up under "other devices." After noticing that difference I have a hunch that there is some hardware incompatibility with the 1A and my Windows Vista laptop.

Just to make sure there wasn't something wrong with the 1A I decided to try it with a desktop computer I have that uses Windows 10. That computer is not located close to an antenna transmission line, so I temporarily rigged up a mobile antenna to use with the 1A. I installed all the drivers and the RSP1A and volia', the 1A worked perfectly. So my suspicions that there is a hardware incompatibility with my Vista laptop and the 1A would seem to be validated. I use the words "seem to be" as someone else using Vista may not experience the same issue.

In any case, I have been considering getting a newer computer with Windows 10 for all my radio stuff anyway, so this is just one more reason to do so. In the meantime I have reconnected my RSP1 back to my laptop and will use it until I get a newer computer that I can use the RSP1A with.

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed May 22, 2019 5:53 am

New computer would probably be a good move. However, did you consider raising a support ticket?
The Software development team is incredibly responsive and may already have an answer. If not, they might like to see the problem to learn from it.
All the best.