Which "Source" Should I Select in SDR#

Post your feedback here
TheSolver

Which "Source" Should I Select in SDR#

Post by TheSolver » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:38 am

Hi folks,

I believe I have install SDR# correctly, but I still don't see any new devices to select in SDR# for the SDRPlay RSP. Can you tell me what it should be showing up as?

My SDR# version is 1.0.0.1430

Thanks!

Alan
Last edited by TheSolver on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Which "Source" Should I Select in SDR#

Post by Tech_Support » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:20 am

Hello Alan,
Have you installed the SDR# plugin? There is no built in support for the RSP in SDR# (unlike SDR-Console) and so if you haven't already done so, you will need to install the relevant plugin from our downloads page before you will be able to use the RSP with SDR#. All versions after 1361 only deliver limited functionality with the RSP, so if you can get hold of a copy, we would recommend you using v 1361 and our ExtIO plugin. Please note that SDR# apparently dropped support for the ExtIO interface after 1361, so you will probably have to use the native SDR# plugin for versions after 1361.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

TheSolver

Post by TheSolver » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:22 am

Thanks...and yes, I did install the plugin. Do you know what source the SDRPlay RSP should show up as using the SDR# plugin?

Thanks again!

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:59 am

Hello again Alan,
If you are using release 1361 or earlier and have installed the ExtIO plugin, it should appear in the list as ExtIO_SDRplay. If you are using a later release of SDR# and have installed the native plugin then it should appear as SDRplay RSP.

If this is not the case, check the directory where SDR# to confirm that the either the ExtIO_SDRplay.dll or the SDRsharp.SDRplay.dll are present in the directory.

If they are not, then something has gone wrong during the plugin installation process. Please re-run the installation and ensure that you install the plugin in the directory from where you run SDR#. Make sure that you select the SDRsharp.exe to complete the installation.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

TheSolver

Post by TheSolver » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:45 am

A belated thanks for the help. I appear to be running 1430...and I have confirmed that SDRSharp.SDRplay.dll is in directory with SDRSharp.exe. My options are only:

AIRSPY
HackRF
RTL-SDR (USB)
RTL-SDR (TCP)
FUNcube Dongle Pro
FUNcube Dongle Pro+
SoftRock (Si570)
RFSPACE SDR-IQ (USB)
RFSPACE Networked Radios
Afedri SDR-Net
IQ File (*.wav)
IQ from Sound Card

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Alan

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:45 am

Hi Alan,
Inside your SDR# directory, there should be a file called plugins.xml

Please open this file in a text editor like 'Notepad' and you should see something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<frontendPlugins>
<add key="HackRF" value="SDRSharp.HackRF.HackRFIO,SDRSharp.HackRF"/>
<add key="RTL-SDR (USB)" value="SDRSharp.RTLSDR.RtlSdrIO,SDRSharp.RTLSDR"/>
<add key="RTL-SDR (TCP)" value="SDRSharp.RTLTCP.RtlTcpIO,SDRSharp.RTLTCP"/>
<add key="FUNcube Dongle Pro" value="SDRSharp.FUNcube.FunCubeIO,SDRSharp.FUNcube"/>
<add key="FUNcube Dongle Pro+" value="SDRSharp.FUNcubeProPlus.FunCubeProPlusIO,SDRSharp.FUNcubeProPlus"/>
<add key="SoftRock (Si570)" value="SDRSharp.SoftRock.SoftRockIO,SDRSharp.SoftRock"/>
<add key="RFSPACE SDR-IQ (USB)" value="SDRSharp.SDRIQ.SdrIqIO,SDRSharp.SDRIQ"/>
<add key="RFSPACE Networked Radios" value="SDRSharp.SDRIP.SdrIpIO,SDRSharp.SDRIP"/>
<add key="Afedri SDR-Net" value="SDRSharp.AfedriSDRNet.AfedriSdrNetIO,SDRSharp.AfedriSDRNet"/>
<add key="SDRplay RSP" value="SDRSharp.SDRplay.SDRplayIO,SDRSharp.SDRplay"/></frontendPlugins>

If the last line is missing, please try adding it, saving the file and then try running SDR# again.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

TheSolver

Post by TheSolver » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:28 am

Thanks for all the help.

I think the file is actually FrontEnds.xml?

Either way, the entry was in there...but then I thought about a crash message I get when I close it...hadn't read it thoroughly before...but this time noted it said it couldn't write some temp file.

Short story:
  • SDR# doesn't come with an install package
  • I unpacked it under the C:\Program Files (x86) directory
  • There must have been some permission issue that not only was affecting the temp file but allowing SDR# to pay attention to FrontEnds.xml?
  • Either way, moving it do a directory on my Desktop (for now) fixed it
Thanks again!

dlritter

Post by dlritter » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:08 pm

yup, I just unzip the package to the downloads folder and run from there.
hihi got a big downloads folder. However one could put it into documents.
Windows sometimes gets upset when we put things into Program Files or Program files (x86) manually
Last edited by dlritter on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.