Couple of SDRUno feature ideas :)

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
someYguy

Couple of SDRUno feature ideas :)

Post by someYguy » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:23 am

Hi everyone, I hope that this is the right place for this.

SDRUno is a great and useful program, and the latest enhancements such as calibrated power reading etc. really make it shine as a spectrum analyzer.

BUT, what would really round it out for spectrum analysis use would be a couple of features which are standard on most spectrum analyzers today, such as:

1) Markers. Movable markers (2 or more) which can be positioned anywhere as needed and would feed a readout of frequency and power level at the marker position(s).

2) A direct digital readout of power level in dbm for the signal at center frequency.

3) A readout and adjustment of the total displayed frequency span, with setting for span per division.

4) An RBW or VBW setting, such as that in HDSDR to aid with detailed signal analysis.

5) A direct reference level setting - i.e. the signal level referenced at the top horizontal line.

======================

Perhaps it would be easier and maybe even better to offer separate program with these features for industrial & scientific uses. This would make the RSPs 1 & 2 very useful as test equipment :).
Last edited by someYguy on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

RLyell

Re: Couple of SDRUno feature ideas :)

Post by RLyell » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:06 am

I would like to see an option to backup all your uno program settings to a file. That way, if your computer goes down, or you install on second computer you could load that backup and get right back to where you were.
Last edited by RLyell on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

pmendes

Post by pmendes » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:17 pm

I would like to suggest an enhancement to save the zoom factor/frequency span with the workspace settings or an option to save this setting on exit. If there is already that functionality let me know where to find it.
Last edited by pmendes on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

F1BJB

Post by F1BJB » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:40 am

RLyell wrote:I would like to see an option to backup all your uno program settings to a file. That way, if your computer goes down, or you install on second computer you could load that backup and get right back to where you were.
Hi
Since a few weeks I use a trick that may be useful
In order to use a mini windows 10 PC without hard drive I mounted a network drive and used it to store the programs.
Only short-cuts are stored locally.
It helps to choose the same letter for the network drive on all the PC's
In spite of Windows telling that the program is outside of my network ??? it works quite well for all my SDR programs and others.
Main advantage is that all the memories are shared on all the computers.
Bookmarks for Firefox or frequencies for the SDR's.
Drawback is that sometimes you cannot run the same program on 2 computers at the same time.