SDRplay and SDR sharp

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
jrodh

SDRplay and SDR sharp

Post by jrodh » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 pm

I am trying to install SDR sharp to use with the SDRplay. From what I understand, I will need SDR sharp version 1411 or below, is this correct?

Assuming this is so, is there somewhere that I can obtain an old version of SDR sharp such as version 1410 or 1411?

I can't seem to to an old version anywhere. Would anyone by any chance happen to have an old installer or know a link to obtain one?

Thanks,
Jared
Last edited by jrodh on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

13dka

Re: SDRplay and SDR sharp

Post by 13dka » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:07 am

jrodh

Post by jrodh » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Thank you!
Sounds like it may have some trouble running correctly on windows 10 though. I'll give a try.

I really only wanted it because of the plugins and the fact that it can do scanning through preset frequencies.

Thanks,
Jared

13dka

Post by 13dka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:17 am

Not sure about Win10, it occasionally needs to be run in XP compatibility mode on Win7 already (doesn't want to start otherwise) and there are some quirks with the ExtIO plug-in (in particular with the RSP2), best practice (for me) is to never activate the HiZ input and just use it for the stuff above 30MHz, where SDR# is still the best choice (for me) anyway, due to the scanner plug-ins.

I hope you also found the second link in that thread - it contains old versions of many plug-ins that otherwise won't work with v1361 anymore in their updated versions. The most important (like Vasili's awesome ultra-fast scanner plug-in) ones are included, this version will also still run the old Orbitron DDE plug-in and I think for regular (and slow) memory scanning the old "FM Suite" should still work. Some XML-file hacking is required.

jrodh

Post by jrodh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:41 pm

I did see the other link as well, thank you.

I am having some challenges getting this install at all. I'm following the SDRplay manual from http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/Using_HDSDR ... 2P4%20.pdf.

There is no install.bat file after I extract to Program Files (x86). All I have is the SDRsharp.exe and a whole bunch of DLL's and stuff. Is this what I need?

Also, when I try to run SDRplay's SDR# plugin version 2.2, it says: "setup has detected a problem with this SDRsharp install."

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks,
Jared

13dka

Post by 13dka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:47 pm

The files are just zipped program directories made from an existing install, so you just need to unzip/copy them to some place. The v2.2 ExtIO plug-in works only with SDR#v1411 and higher (as indicated by the "SDR# v1411+" ), you need to install the other one.

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:28 pm

13dka wrote:The v2.2 ExtIO plug-in works only with SDR#v1411 and higher
SDR# has stopped ExtIO support a long time ago. SDR# Plugin – version 2.2 is not an ExtIO.dll, it's an SDR# frontend plugin. (With all the plugin restrictions for third party receivers in SDR#).
73, Heinrich

someYguy

Post by someYguy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:00 pm

I just tried SDR# v1.0.0.1500(the latest) with the v2.2 plugin under Windows 7 and it works fine here.....

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:21 pm

I am running a Windows 8.1 machine with build 1361. In my latest update I installed the EXTIO Plugins V1.0 which is showing as Build 4.0 ver1223 in SDRSharp. Everything is working fine -I was a bit worried about this latest release and contacted support at sdrplay for reassurance. It's also running on HDSDR.

And by the way - whenever you install a new version of sdr# - install it to a new folder so you can fall back to the previous version that worked.

If you are running on a Win 10 machine you need to check whether you need to download .NET 3.5 which should be easy enough to do.

Conversely - if you run the latest versions of SDR# on a Win 8, or Win 7 machine - you need to install .NET 4.6.

As already posted with the files in the link you just unzip to the folder of your choice install EXTIO Plug in V.1.0 and you should be up and running. And don't forget you can have multiple copies /versions. So my sdrplay is running on build 1361, my airspy and rtl dongles on separate instances of build 1488 and I'm playing back recordings using Vasiliy's File Player in v1404 as later versions don't like it if you lose the last file you played back).

SDR# Plugin 2.2 works with SDR# build 1500 and earlier - but only for the most basic listening - anything that is a plug-in won't work.

DanubeBCL

Post by DanubeBCL » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:40 am

DaveB wrote:anything that is a plug-in won't work.
Write access to the plugin API functions is locked. Read access is mostly possible. That is: Third party plugins can readout settings but not change them. E. g. you can read the tuning frequency, but you cannot tune or set mode with third party plugins (like frequency managers, satellite trackers or similar). Many original "special" plugins which enhance Airspy do not work either.
73, Heinrich