Figured out the "Stuck in Seems like LO LOCK Mode" problem

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
NoelC

Figured out the "Stuck in Seems like LO LOCK Mode" problem

Post by NoelC » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:19 am

I just figured out what to do to get the latest SDRuno software out of the mode where it acts like it's in LO LOCK mode when it's not:

It thinks the Shift key is held down.

Press and release the Shift key and the condition is cleared.

-Noel

Reason: No reason

pgoelz

Re: Figured out the "Stuck in Seems like LO LOCK Mode" problem

Post by pgoelz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Interesting clue! I'll try that the next time it happens. Have you figured out how SDRUno gets into that mode? It has happened to me a couple times but have yet to be able to replicate the issue on demand. Neither have the SDRUno support folks.

Each time it has happened to me, it seems to be somehow inked to saving or manipulating memory panel entries. At least I don't think it has ever happened when I am NOT manipulating the memory panel.

Paul

vk7jj

Post by vk7jj » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:00 am

For me, the LO LOCK problem, if it's the same one, appears to be caused by

- activating Low-IF from the Main Settings dialog box
- changing bands (using the keypad ham band buttons or via CAT)

From that point on all subsequent band changes bring up the LOCK message, yet Zero-IF shows up in Main Settings.

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:06 pm

You could try this - it works for me every time:
Input a frequency - manually tune up or down - you should find that the LO does not change - in other words appears to be locked.
It is not selected or indicated as locked.
The only reliable "fix" for me is to restart UNO.

pgoelz

Post by pgoelz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:16 am

vk7jj wrote:For me, the LO LOCK problem, if it's the same one, appears to be caused by

- activating Low-IF from the Main Settings dialog box
- changing bands (using the keypad ham band buttons or via CAT)

From that point on all subsequent band changes bring up the LOCK message, yet Zero-IF shows up in Main Settings.
Not sure I follow you. The LO lock and IF settings are unrelated. LO lock will activate any time the buttons are used to change preset bands. However, it can normally be deactivated and SDRUno behaves as expected. This is independent of the zero or low IF setting. Or is there more to your actions causing LO to behave as though it is locked when it is indicating it is unlocked?

Note that it happened again last night after I saved a frequency to the memory panel (a common action every time it has happened to me). Once I realized the LO was locked even though it showed as unlocked, I tried hitting the shift key several times. SDRUno still behaved as if the LO was locked. I then clicked the LO lock button to lock the LO and then again to unlock it. SDRUno still behaved as though the LO was locked. However, I hit SHIFT again and SDRUno then behaved as though the LO was unlocked without needing to restart SDRUno.

Paul

mark.

Post by mark. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:48 am

Hitting shift doesn't have any effect on the unlock for me. Have you tried hitting the clear button on the band preset panel? That also changes locked to unlocked. BTW, I haven't experienced the issue yet.

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:55 am

I've had a couple of occasions where the shift key seems to have to be pressed several times, or pressed and held for a second or two, to work around the bad mode.

When it's in this failure state you can also see that the yellow Notch 1 filter line shows when you move the mouse around over the AUX SP window.

-Noel

Paul

Post by Paul » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 am

Paul wrote:You could try this - it works for me every time:
Input a frequency - manually tune up or down - you should find that the LO does not change - in other words appears to be locked.
It is not selected or indicated as locked.
The only reliable "fix" for me is to restart UNO.
Further to this, it would seem that in this scenario, it only seems to apply when the mouse is used to tune the main display.
If the keyboard is used to tune up, or down, the apparent "unselected and unindicated LO Lock state" does not appear to arise and the LO changes - albeit after having selected an active signal.

I'm beginning to think that this is perhaps a glitch in more than one scenario, so will now not pursue this further as it's certainly beyond me.

vk7jj

Post by vk7jj » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:16 am

pgoelz wrote:
vk7jj wrote: Not sure I follow you. The LO lock and IF settings are unrelated. LO lock will activate any time the buttons are used to change preset bands. However, it can normally be deactivated and SDRUno behaves as expected. This is independent of the zero or low IF setting. Or is there more to your actions causing LO to behave as though it is locked when it is indicating it is unlocked?
The only time it has happened to me was while using a CAT connection between SDRUno and an app on another computer which I was using to force SDRUno to change frequencies as rapidly as possible - scanning for want of a better word.

At one point I stopped the scanning and set the LO to Low_IF mode, then resumed CAT scanning across a range of bands. It was then I noticed that SDRUno appeared to be in the lock mode but wasn't, as per the bug description.

I closed the CAT connection and went to the screen of the computer running SDRUno and found that when I manually changed bands using the pre-programmed band buttons in Uno, the behaviour continued and the only way of restoring it to normal was to close and restart it, unfortunately your shift-key remedy had no effect.

Sorry, apologies that I didn't explain myself well in the earlier post, trying to fit in some ham radio between working away for the last few days, unfortunately I won't get a chance to play again for another day or so.

Regards,

Phil

NoelC

Post by NoelC » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Paul wrote: Further to this, it would seem that in this scenario, it only seems to apply when the mouse is used to tune the main display.
I can confirm that I substantially, if not exclusively, tune via the mouse, and often click entries in the MEM PANEL to do so. I usually notice the problem after clicking on one of those entries doesn't change the tuning.

-Noel