CubicSDR 0.2.3 released. How about updating links???

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
sdrplay

Re: CubicSDR 0.2.3 released. How about updating links???

Post by sdrplay » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 pm

but if you only built a new copy of CubicSDR after a new release came out that would be a net improvement.
There is no need for me to produce a build after a new release as it will be available on https://cubicsdr.com release page.

I will keep the website updated with links to CubicSDR releases.

If they become incompatible with the current SoapySDR (which they have from time to time), then I'll update our API install with the correct version of SoapySDR.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Reason: No reason

Alrescha

Post by Alrescha » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 pm

> There is no need for me to produce a build after a new release as it will be available on https://cubicsdr.com release page.

Except of course for his previous release, which didn't work with your drivers for whatever reason. So your macOS customers didn't get a working release for months and months...

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:13 pm

OK, I have been watching this thread with a growing sense of dismay. Andy (Chief software developer and SDRplay Support) has been genuinely trying to understand what it is that people have been so upset about- apart from the fact that we have not yet managed to produce a fully fledged equivalent to SDRuno for the Mac platform. We have been clear in both this forum and others that our plan is to produce a cross platform version of SDRuno, but will only be in a position to do this once we have managed to bring SDRuno to a given level of core functionality. We have a very limited level of development resource which is under a great deal of pressure and stress and I can assure you all that Andy is doing his utmost to support all platforms in the best way that he can.

When we ask a question, it is because we are trying to understand. It is not because we are being hysterical or "using weasel words".

Unfortunately, as has been demonstrated may times, using forums and other social media tools encourages some people to behave in a more aggressive manner than they would when talking to someone face to face.

I fully understand when people become frustrated, but I would politely request that they do not allow this to boil over into aggressive and disrespectful language towards any members of SDRplay staff or other users of this forum.

I have no problem with anyone expressing disappointment or frustration, but I would request that everyone keep all communication civil and polite or we will be forced to remove them from this forum. The method by which people get their message across is just as important as the message itself.

If people feel that our support for the Mac OS is inadequate, then I would completely understand if they should decide to move on to another company's products.

Best regards

Tech_Support