A Pi and RSP1a ....run via WebGUI ?

General discussions
vk7jj

Re: A Pi and RSP1a ....run via WebGUI ?

Post by vk7jj » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am

at least it does show that the ability to all it to work on am iOS device is there
That's because it's OpenWebRX which works nicely on phones and tablets using up to date web browsers, one of it's attractions.

Maybe you should have a crack at setting OpenWebRX up on a Pi as SDRPlay Support suggested? At least you'd have the pleasure of having done it and it would give you something to listen to remotely.

Because I didn't want to meddle with the OpenWebRX code I built a mechanism to make it change bands by setting up a web server on the same Pi so that a click on the web page caused the server to reconfigure the OpenWebRX config file to any band of choice and restart it.

It would be pretty easy to mod the html / js of OpenWebRX to add frequency change options and scanning options and read and save them using files on the Pi and/or to local storage within the browser though I'm not offering because I can't afford to create any maintenance dependencies once people started using it, it would also be a chore to maintain with any OpenWebRX updates, and may break copyright too I guess.

OK on your scanning requirements, understood.

Be interested to hear how Skywave etc goes.

Phil

Reason: No reason

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:16 am

Well does not seem I have any hardware suitable....:(
Cant get Skywave to boot the Mac though the app that created the boot was supposed to create EFi compatible USB.
Have booted it before..and my DVD burner seems to have died... can't burn the ISO to DVD either ggrrrrrrrr.......day got off to a bad start already

One day soon I am going to take a hammer to all this tech and go live in a cave!

vk7jj

Post by vk7jj » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:31 am

Cant get Skywave to boot the Mac though the app that created the boot was supposed to create EFi compatible USB.
Have booted it before..and my DVD burner seems to have died... can't burn the ISO to DVD either ggrrrrrrrr.......day got off to a bad start already
Have you tried this?

https://etcher.io

It's magnificent at turning ISOs into bootable USBs on OSX.
One day soon I am going to take a hammer to all this tech and go live in a cave!
I truly relate to that about three times an average day.

p.

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 am

Yes, it was etcher that I used

It worked successfully to create usb image and it did boot a laptop... (shock horror, I do have a Windows laptop ... Win10... no idea I had it! )

So down to the Mac just... well being a Mac I guess

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:48 am

vk7jj wrote: Have you tried this?

https://etcher.io

It's magnificent at turning ISOs into bootable USBs on OSX.
Yes , tried that

tried the stick I created on both Mac Pro's the 2,12 and the 3,1 and also an old MacBook.
None of them boot or see the device as a bootable device, but the Acer Aspire Core i3 Boots it fine.

Guessing that it is not even worth digging any older Windows hardware, so think it is time to give up on the hardwares I have

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:49 pm

As an update to this thread, as I found my own post doing a search for other stuff.

OK, so now I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and the RSP1a connected up and running in the attic.

I have three different means of access to it ...not at the same time , I need to SSH in to he box and use" systemctl " enable / disable to start different services.

I now have three services set up

the new rsp_tcp stream
OpenWebRX
SoapyRemote

the down side with OpenwebRX is that the centre frequency cannot be tuned from the webGUI. so another rush session required and a "nano" of the config_webrx.py file to change the centre frequency.

Actually I have a few different config_webrx.py feels set up and I just rename them to swap centre frequency.

the tcp stream, combined with SDR_receiver from Barry Medoff, on the Apple Store is great, he has now enabled the 16 bit reception on his app too.

Next step, buy an Odroid...was going with an XU4, but the new N2's seem to be more powerful and quicker. The will allow the full 10Mhz sampling rate. :)