SDRPLAY RSP2 config witht RIGEXPERT TI-7

Post your feedback here
HA4XH

SDRPLAY RSP2 config witht RIGEXPERT TI-7

Post by HA4XH » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi,

I’m wondering if somebody has experience , how to configurate SDRPLAY RSP2, with FT-2000, N1MM logprogram.and RIGEXPERT TI-7 CAT interface.

My SDRPLAY RSP2 working perfectly alone with FT-2000 and SDRuno software and Omnirig but when I tried to use together with N1MM Iogprogram I couldn’t setup yet to share COM3 for CAT.
RIGEXPERT.TI-7

In RigExpert TI-7, CAT interface port is seen as a COM port by computer software.

All suggestions are welcome.

Charlie (HA4XH)
Last edited by HA4XH on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: SDRPLAY RSP2 config witht RIGEXPERT TI-7

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:47 pm

If you take a look at the SDRUno manual (pages 45-49) you will see that you have two ways to communicate with radios and other programs.

1. Using Omni-Rig. With Omni-Rig each VRX can talk to one external radio or a program emulating a radio protocol. Since Omni-Rig can talk to tow radios you can have VRX0 talking to Rig 1 and VRX1 talking to Rig2. There is no way using Omni-Rig for one VRX to talk to Rig1 and Rig2 at the same time. If you need this capability you can use HDSDR and control two radios (or programs emulating a radio protocol) at the same time.

2. Use the CAT interface which emulates a Kenwood protocol. Each VRX can handle one CAT port. You can connect to a Kenwood radio like a TS-140 or TS-440. If you want to use the CAT function to talk to another program like a logger, Ham Radio Deluxe, WSJT-X etc. you will need to install a virtual COM port. Some users like VSPE by Eterlogic but I prefer the free com0com program which you can get from Sourceforge. In the external program you tell it to connect using a virtual COM port and select a Kenwood TS-140 or TS-440 protocol.

Since you can use Omni-Rig to control the radio and CAT to interface to another program you can get everything synced and tracking together. If you turn the knob on the radio the frequency will track in SDRUno and the logging program will also track the frequency.

HA4XH

Post by HA4XH » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi Roger,

thanks for your prompt replay. I’m a casual HAM operator and only can operating on HF bands one or two weekends/month as my home is about 80 kms away from the radiostation. So if I want to take part in some contest I have to drive and I then have only limited time for solving technical problems.
As I mentioned I have Yaesu FT-2000 transceiver with RIGEXPERT TI-7 CAT interface and N1MM logprogram. So CAT is OK in this setup
https://www.rigexpert.com/files/manuals ... manual.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KjXPp7xVrw
In N1MM configurer window. COM3 is used for FT-2000 CAT .

On the other hand I could configure FT-2000 with SDRPLAY and SDRuno and Omni-Rig
to control the radio, but starting N1MM Plus logging program I get the info that COM3 is already used by other program.
So I wonder how to run more programs under the same one COM3 port.
Tried LPB2 program already with no succes and will try com0com program too.
I’m not too good in digital business, so that is why I try to find sready olution from somebody has a similar setup.
Only sometimes the third weekend of the next month I can try it again at our radiostation.

Best regards 73’s es GL!

Charlie

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:46 pm

Charlie,

In Windows only one program is allowed access to a hardware COM port at a time. So if you connect to your TS2000 via RigXpert on COM3: with Omni-Rig you will be denied access to COM3 by N1MM plus. That is what you are seeing now.

One way around this is to use a port splitter program like VSPE by Eterlogic which will set up two virtual ports ( for example COM8: & COM9:) for Omni-Rig and for N1MM to use and then in software join the splitter ports via VSPE to COM3. The problem with this arrangement is that some radios get confused talking to 2 programs at the same time and you will get communication errors. BTW - VSPE is only free for 32 bit computers.

The second way, which is better, is to do what I described in my last post above. Use Omni-Rig to connect to your RigXpert on COM3 and set up a virtual COM port pair using com0com to connect the CAT interface of SDRuno (NOT Omni-Rig) to N1MM. In the user manual you will see how to do this on pages 45-49. The example uses HRD software but just do the same steps using N1MM instead.
Attachments
com-orig.png
com-orig.png (13.47 KiB) Viewed 21731 times

HA4XH

Post by HA4XH » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi Roger,
Sorry for my late reply, but I was very busy the last week. Thank you for your advisement. I can try to test it soonest only the end of february.
I will let you know the outcome.

Regards,

Charlie (HA4XH)

HA4XH

Post by HA4XH » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:39 am

Hi!

After long my problem solved according to video of PA1RAF/SP2RAF (TNX Rafal for help)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3DZYKKAjK0

Regards,

Charlie (HA4XH)