SDRUNO with SDR Duo as pan adapter with 2 sreens

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Ingopingo

SDRUNO with SDR Duo as pan adapter with 2 sreens

Post by Ingopingo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi I am new here,
I wanted to ask one of the very experienced guys here following:
I using two Screens, one 7" as pan adapter in same enclosure as the PC and one big as PC Screen as SDR Duo receiver independent from other RX for pan adapter.The solution is brand new, PC hardware and enclosure was finished in last week.
I tried to separate the both Rx and connected with the Rx 1 at pan adapter, have done some settings as bandwidth and Sp 1 adjustment, If Frequency etc. and saved it a workspace 1 and at the big screen a different config with second Rx.
I spent some time to adjust it but doesn´t work. Even if I open the SDRUNO software is the band wide for e.g. 2 Mhz. I had adjusted it for 250 kHz and maybe 30 other adjustment as well for pan adapter using of IF Frequency of my K2.
What wrong? I disappointed meanwhile why I cant I save the workspace not with all detail and all settings.

Additional problem coming up: I like to see after open the software at every screen the adjusted screen and RX.
How I can arrange it?

I intent later to adjust windows to open the SDRUNO software automatically after starting the PC.

Guys, please help me!? :D

vy 73

Ingo
Last edited by Ingopingo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mikeladd

Re: SDRUNO with SDR Duo as pan adapter with 2 sreens

Post by mikeladd » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Make sure you're using v1.32, run a RESET (MAIN panel OPT and select RESET). This will place everything back to a default value including workspaces.
Arrange your panel between the two screens and save your workspace to workspace 0 (CTRL-W on your keyboard). Workspace 0 is the default workspace that loads when you launch SDRuno. Certain settings do not save with the workspace, such as ZOOM levels in the MAIN and AUX sp or a custom filter width in the AUX sp.

Ingopingo

Post by Ingopingo » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 pm

Hello Mike,
Yes, I have the last Version, Able to adjust diversity with both RX.
Again for my clarification:
The workspace can not save the adjustments as bandwith etc as mentioned in last text from me? Or Screen?
How I save it then?
That would be very disapointing.

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:16 pm

My apology, I am not sure what you're asking. Can you provide me with screen shots and mark them with text? You can arrange your workspace panel across two screens and then save your workspace.

Ingopingo

Post by Ingopingo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi Mike,
can we please share the problem in parts. I believe we will faster together if we share the problems.-
Lets start with :
I would like to ask you following:
1. How I fix the different Rx at different screens? Without any change of Rx adjustments.

Ingopingo

Post by Ingopingo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi Mike,
thanks for answer.
I prefer to share the problem in parts.
May I ask first following:

1. How I save the both Rx at 2 screen, one screen for one Rx? Is it to save in workspace and how? STRG and press
workspace 1...2 for to save, Ok that's clear but doesn`t work here. What's wrong ? Adjustment in windows for
screens are wrong maybe?
What I have to adjust in windows?
2. Is the master and slave functionality changeable? The master RX have to start later with windows after pressing the
push button for start the Pc automatically. In my case is it the Pan adapter screen.-
I start first the master, that's clear- and than? I open the program in 2nd instance new, Ok? and how I get the
slave RX windows at the 2. screen and save it?

Thanks for helping me, 73

Ingo

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 am

1: Adjust your SDRuno panels across the two monitors you have. Arrange them however you like.
2: Save your workspace after making this arrangement. CTRL - W
Page 21 https://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_SD ... Manual.pdf

Saving it to Workspace0 (the first slot) will launch this arrangement every time you run SDRuno
SDRuno reads slot 1 as the default workspace and the default workspace loads every time you run SDRuno.

Let me know if that worked.

Ingopingo

Post by Ingopingo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:04 pm

Dear Mike,
many thanks for your hinds. Works. Many thanks.
Sorry for late reply, had some qrl.
Next questions:
I have the pan adapter connected with master RX HI Z, etc..Even if I open the slave RX ( 50 Ohm/ without Bias-T)and start working with is the sound and the receiving all 2 s interrupted. If I stop working with the master is the receiving clear and I can follow the signals.
Is it a problem with PC or adjustment? I using a brand new ASUS N3150I-C motherboard with Celeron Quad core and 2 DDR3 1600/11066 with 8GB plus 500 GB memory and can´t change it. pan adapter, 7" screen and PC is one unit. Picture attached.
Next:
Can I adjust the Master RX to start without pressing the start button?
Next:
Can I improve the sound of the RX? Sounds for me as a tin can for me. The sound card is on-board with realtek high definition.
Next:
I found the different designs for SP1 with amber colour etc.. Is there a possibilities to change the colour of the red frequency scala line? The visibility is not in every case very good, white would be better maybe.

vy 73

Ingo

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 pm

I have the pan adapter connected with master RX HI Z, etc..Even if I open the slave RX ( 50 Ohm/ without Bias-T)and start working with is the sound and the receiving all 2 s interrupted. If I stop working with the master is the receiving clear and I can follow the signals.
Is it a problem with PC or adjustment? I using a brand new ASUS N3150I-C motherboard with Celeron Quad core and 2 DDR3 1600/11066 with 8GB plus 500 GB memory and can´t change it. pan adapter, 7" screen and PC is one unit. Picture attached.
Sorry, I still don't follow what your saying. Can you possibly take a video of this with your mobile phone and put it online so I can see what you're trying to explain?

Can I adjust the Master RX to start without pressing the start button?
No, Not that I know of. You must start the stream via the MAIN panels START button

Can I improve the sound of the RX? Sounds for me as a tin can for me. The sound card is on-board with realtek high definition.
Yes, Via the AUX SP's manual filter adjustment. Depending on the MODE selected in the RX CONTROL, you can adjust via the red markers (left or right) with Mouse click,hold and drag.

I found the different designs for SP1 with amber colour etc.. Is there a possibilities to change the colour of the red frequency scala line? The visibility is not in every case very good, white would be better maybe.
No, Not at this time