SDRuno v1.32 freezing

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Hoss23

SDRuno v1.32 freezing

Post by Hoss23 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:37 am

Just recently SDRuno has started freezing at approximately the same point, about after 10 minutes of use. I know there is no power suspension enabled, and the screen saver is disabled. I can't find an error log to try and determine what events are occurring.
This is happening on one particular computer and not another. I'm running Win 10 Pro on a Dell E6420.
I appreciate any thoughts folks might have.
Hoss
Last edited by Hoss23 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Hoss23

Re: SDRuno v1.32 freezing

Post by Hoss23 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:39 pm

So I think I may have fixed this issue. As I use SDRuno on different computers, I bought a high quality high speed rf shielded usb cable 20ft long to reach out of the shack. For my primary computer it works fine, for the secondary, not so much. It was thought to be causing the "No RSP's Found" error as well on this computer. Since all settings. OS, are the same on both computers but they are different models, I think it's down to how the usb is powered in the design of the computer which I am not knowledgeable about but using the shorter usb cable I have not had SDRuno freeze up, it finds the RSP fine on start up, and it seems to run even on 10mhz without too many glitches. All of these were issues with the longer cable.
Nice when things get figured out so simply!
Last edited by Hoss23 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason