Spectrum Analyser - New release available soon

Information and discussions on Spectrum Analysis
SteveAndrew

Spectrum Analyser - New release available soon

Post by SteveAndrew » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:15 pm

Hello everyone

Many apologies for not responding to earlier queries over the past couple of months. I have been totally absorbed with getting the next version ready.

Anyway, the good news is that I hope to have a beta release ready before the end of February. The software is currently 95% complete with only a few small things left to sort out. The chaps at SDR Play have been having a look and undertaking much testing, and the feedback is good.

Main features are: Full span widths from 1KHZ to 2GHZ, waterfall includes various time-stamp option, peak markers included, multiple sampling rates, IF and IF bandwidth options. Multiple traces are available (one main and four auxiliaries) and full support for the RSPduo, in single radio mode. The multiple trace feature will be especially useful for storing traces for before-and after comparisons when checking filters or antennas with a noise bridge or tracking generator.

I've attached a few screenshots for your information. The tracking generator is still available, but the control panel is not displayed in the screen shots provided.

I'll keep you all posted with further updates and screenshots on this thread.

Best regards, and thanks you for all your patience

Steve
Capture-2.JPG
Capture-2.JPG (189.29 KiB) Viewed 65553 times
Capture-1.JPG
Capture-1.JPG (201.23 KiB) Viewed 65553 times
Capture-3.JPG
Capture-3.JPG (238.37 KiB) Viewed 65553 times

Reason: No reason

K9AQ

Re: Spectrum Analyser - New release available soon

Post by K9AQ » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Steve,

This is absolutely GREAT news!! The timing couldn't be better for me. I am just finishing a dual LDMOS amplifier and I will need the SA to look at the IMD, and also the harmonic suppression. I could use the Alpha release for the IMD, but I needed the scan function for the harmonics. While I have been waiting for your software update, I have been experimenting with the FFT function of my Siglent SDS 1202X-E digital storage oscilloscope. It takes so effort to get it set up but it does to a pretty good job of displaying over 100 mhz of bandwidth. The harmonics are clearly displayed but there are no markers, which I really appreciate with your software.

Thanks again,

Don
K9AQ

NK7Z

Post by NK7Z » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:39 am

Wow, thank you Steve! Can't wait!

sdjack

Post by sdjack » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 am

Welcome back Steve. Waiting a long time for any news, and the news are fantastic.
Thanks alot for your hard work, waiting for the next version.
Last edited by sdjack on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

stewartde

Post by stewartde » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Extremely excited about this.
THANK YOU STEVE for all your work.

I am a software developer and I know requests stack up fast.
However, I'm hoping you could see the benefit of this one.

Can you add an option to subtract (Diff) one trace from another?
So we can directly compare dummy load against live antenna.
Also to see the differences as we TUNE antennas.

Thanks for listening.
Don
Last edited by stewartde on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

zs6jpl

Post by zs6jpl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:49 am

Thanks Steve

Looking forward to installing this one on my pc in the shack.

Johan
Last edited by zs6jpl on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:55 am

stewartde wrote:Can you add an option to subtract (Diff) one trace from another?
So we can directly compare dummy load against live antenna.
Also to see the differences as we TUNE antennas.
I agree, this would be useful. Unfortunately, development has reached the stage where I can't really consider further additions, due mainly to time constraints. I want to try and release a beta version by the end of February, that time include testing, debugging and writing a user manual. If there is time, I'll see if something might be done, but please don't hold me to that.

There is still a lot of functionality I would like to add, but at some point I have to decide on a cutoff point and hold some ideas back for the next release.

Best regards - Steve

JayDubya

Post by JayDubya » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 pm

:o Wow! This is looking really great! Really glad you got the broadband mode going, that's really going to make the Spec Anny super useful.

One question... looking at the screen shots I didn't see a way to do a 'persistence view'. In other words if a signal pops up over time it stays on the screen until dismissed. Really handy for looking for misbehaving circuits that might go into oscillation after warming up and then doing something else when hot.

I'm looking forward to re-upping my software.

John @ KB0NE

SteveAndrew

Post by SteveAndrew » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:10 am

JayDubya wrote:One question... looking at the screen shots I didn't see a way to do a 'persistence view'. In other words if a signal pops up over time it stays on the screen until dismissed. Really handy for looking for misbehaving circuits that might go into oscillation after warming up and then doing something else when hot.
That function is available. The trace control and options panel is not being displayed in the sample screenshots. I'll try and get some more screenshots together (time permitting) that show the various control panels being displayed.

Best regards - Steve

someYguy

Post by someYguy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Wonderful news Steve and Thank you SO much!