For whomever is doing the videos in the apps catalog

General discussions
mike0agner

For whomever is doing the videos in the apps catalog

Post by mike0agner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:52 am

MultiPSK now has a new option to support the SDRPlays - I believe it's using IQ data. It appears it needs a little setup for it to work properly. It would be a good topic to either update the existing video or cut a new one
Last edited by mike0agner on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mikeladd

Re: For whomever is doing the videos in the apps catalog

Post by mikeladd » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

I am a seasoned MultiPSK user and I'm having a really tough time with it. Most of these new controls are all over the place, buried in sub menus.
As soon as I can come to grips with the layout logic, I will look into it.

It is using the TCP/IP program rsp_tcp.exe

Mikesimpson

Post by Mikesimpson » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:47 pm

There should be no problem in getting the RSP receivers to work with MultiPSK. I am currently using it to decode Aero traffic from the Inmarsat satellite using a patch antenna.

To use MultiPSK with a RSP2, I do as follows:-
1. Plug in the RSP2
2. Run MultiPSK (Must be the latest full version, not the free one)
3. In the 'Configuration' screen click the button 'SDRPlay' and the words 'SDRplay receiver detected and TCP/IP connection done' will appear in the blank line below the RX/TX screen button.\
4. If you need to turn on Bias-T, click the button 'Options (port/address)' under the 'SDRplay' button and click the Bias-T box
5. Click on RX/TX screen to take you to the main MultiPSK screen
6. Select AERO in the modes screen and then click the 'Transceiver' button top of screen
7. Enter your freq in the box under 'Manual frequency' - eg. 1545035khz for an Aero freq and click Forward
8. This brings up the I/Q direct screen with the waterfall and should be showing red bands where each freq is. Move the 2 blue vertical stripes to cover the red band and you should see traffic appear in the windows below.
I attach a picture of screen as seen here.

For Mike Ladd - that should point you in the right direction, this works for most modes.

Mike
Last edited by Mikesimpson on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 am

Thanks Mike, Much appreciated.

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:49 pm

I will email Patrick and find out directly what modes they support using this option. I tried using it with a bunch of modes and it's very finicky. Not saying it's bad, it's not very intuitive. I woulden't be doing it any justice by releasing a video of it at this time. I will dig in a bit more

Mikesimpson

Post by Mikesimpson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Hi Mike,

Actually for my AERO reception, the above was just an example of what is possible using the RSP2 directly into MultiPSK. However for normal use, I use the RSP2 with SDRuno running 10 VRX into 10 copies of MultiPSK via VAC, then I can decode 10 Aero frequencies simultaneously and feed them into Display-Launcher.

Mike
Last edited by Mikesimpson on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

mikeladd

Post by mikeladd » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:56 am

I will email Patrick in the morning, I believe on multi input devices (RSP2, RSPduo) MultiPSK RSP will only address input A on these devices. I will have a go using a RSP1a and keep notes. I would like to showcase the HF modes supported via this option. It's a big plus for users to not have to download and install a VAC and can control the device within the decoder itself.

mike0agner

Post by mike0agner » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 am

There appears to be some discussions ongoing with the new version of MultiPSK and the SDRPlays in the MultiPSK groups.io reflector...

https://groups.io/g/multipsk

Mike
Last edited by mike0agner on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.