rsp_tcp - access to all features ?

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
JemSussex

rsp_tcp - access to all features ?

Post by JemSussex » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:01 am

Hi all,

I have a recently purchased rsp1a and run it via a remote server running rsp_tcp in Extended mode. I use HDSDR or the old extio version of SDRuno. My question is about what options are available via the ExtIO dll. On the rsp_tcp server guide, it says 'in extended mode, all of the rsp's feature become available'. In looking at the rsp1a datasheet, I can see lots of filters available e.g. 2-12MHz band pass, 1000MHz high pass and MW filter 660-1550KHz etc etc. These do not appear in the RSP TCP ExtIO panel. There are BC ( broadcast ) and DAB filters available, with AM and RF displayed but permanently greyed out. So :

1. Should I expect to see all features available on the RSP TCP ExtIO panel or are they automatically configured depending on the frequency you select or does the rsp_tcp server not make them available ?
and
2. Why are AM and RF permanently greyed out ?

Kind regards,

Jem.
Last edited by JemSussex on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

JemSussex

Re: rsp_tcp - access to all features ?

Post by JemSussex » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:15 am

Ah ok, for number 1) I see that the now see that the filters are automatically configured, that still leaves 2) unanswered though. I've just enabled them at the server end and they're still greyed out on the ExtIO panel.

Kind regards,

Jem.

JemSussex

Post by JemSussex » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:20 pm

I think that, according to the RSP TCP dll source code, it configures itself depending on which rsp device it is talking to. So it looks like the rsp1a doesn't have AM or RF filters available. I thought it did, ah well ...

Jem.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 pm

The RSP1A does have broadcast (FM/MW) notch filters and a DAB notch filter. All are hardware filters enabled in software.

Best regards

SDRplay Support