Errors with new gr-osmosdr on OS X

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
Sasan

Errors with new gr-osmosdr on OS X

Post by Sasan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Dear SDRPlay team
Although there have been numerous topics about OS X support, gqrx, GNURadio, etc, but here I have another problem:
First I should say that I've compiled gr-osmosdr (with SDRPlay support) more than two months ago and also compiled GNURadio 3.7.7 and it worked on OS X 10.11 and detected SDRPlay.
I've also downloaded CubicSDR 0.1.20-alpha from its main website and it detects SDRPlay. (So my device, OS and RSP API have no problem. I've installed latest version: SDRplay_RSP_API_Installer_1.9.6.pkg )
Today I tried to compile the latest Gqrx version (2.4.1) to add SDRPlay support to it too. Before it, I updated my local repository of "gr-osmosdr" but didn't manage to compile it because it threw multiple errors when compiling "gr-osmosdr/lib/miri/miri_source_c.cc"
It contained functions like "mirisdr_get_device_count" and "mirisdr_get_sample_rate" that were not available anywhere (I've checked "/usr/local/include/mirsdrapi-rsp.h")
I temporarily skipped it to compile Gqrx with the previous version of gr-osmosdr on my system (which were compiled with SDRPlay support too)
After compile finished, I tried to run "Gqrx.app" but it quit unexpectedly. Logs told me this:

Code: Select all

Library not loaded: libmir_sdr.so
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr.0.1.5git.dylib
  Reason: image not found
But there was no "libmir_sdr.so" on my system. I renamed "/usr/local/lib/libmirsdrapi-rsp.so" to "libmir_sdr.so" temporarily and then Gqrx successfully ran, but still could not detect SDRPlay!
I suspect that "libmir_sdr.so" is an old name which is changed in newer versions (my GNURadio also throws this error when I want to access SDRPlay:
Library not loaded: libmir_sdr.so
So I think if I manage to compile the newest version of gr-osmosdr, then these problems with Gqrx and GNURadio will be solved too. Right?
("new gr-osmosdr" is the only library that is not compiling. I've no problem with Gqrx and GNURadio)

So my question in the end is:
Why miri_source_c.cc in gr-osmosdr contains functions that are not available anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time
Last edited by Sasan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason
DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C

Sasan

Re: Errors with new gr-osmosdr on OS X

Post by Sasan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:45 pm

OK, my mistake!
I'd selected both MIRI and SDRPlay in CMake file. I set the MIRI to Off.
It compiled successfully and now I can play with SDRPlay in GNURadio.
But still when I build Gqrx, I can't see SDRPlay in its "Configure I/O Devices" window.
Anyway, I selected "Other" and typed "sdrplay=0" in "Device String" and it detected my SDRPlay!
The problem is that it can't demodulate anything (even local FM stations)
The station is shown on the spectrum, but nothing is heard. It also has some glitches (take a look at this picture: the yellow lines)
http://imgur.com/zRk4bE3

My device is OK and the latest API is installed and gr-osmosdr is OK too (because I can tune to local FM radios in GNURadio Companion, although with lots of noise, but that's another matter)
Do you know what settings should I use in Gqrx for SDRPlay?

Thanks
Last edited by Sasan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason
DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C