Feedback for version 1.0a here

Information and discussions on Spectrum Analysis
M Cotty

Re: Feedback for version 1.0a here

Post by M Cotty » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Hi Steve
Is development still going on?

Thanks Michael
Last edited by M Cotty on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

enrico_b

Post by enrico_b » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi Steve,
Great Software! as a EMC engineer I need to use the RSP1A as precompliance EMC receiver, so I need to be able save the trace for further calculations, is there any trick how to save the trace in a simple ascii file ? maybe also associated with the Markers ? It would be great also to can choose the units in dBuV and not only dBm.

Best regard from Switzerland
Enrico
Last edited by enrico_b on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveAndrew

Analyser Beta version available soon

Post by SteveAndrew » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:59 am

Hello everyone

I really must apologise for keeping a low profile the past couple of months. I've been distracted by debugging, a series of changes and additions to the analyser software, and other legacy projects I have to maintain for old clients, and have tended to push things to the back burner.

The good news is that the analyser is very close to a beta release, and barring any last minute bugs that surface in final testing, should be available in around 2-3 weeks. All reported bugs have been addressed and there have been a few small changes and additions including:

A much improved centre-frequency entry that now works in a similar manner to that of SDRuno.

Each marker may now be optionally set to free-floating or peaking tracking modes.

Removed 10MHz sampling rate as it reduced dynamic range and gave very little increase in overall sweep time on wide-band sweeps.

Removed HiZ antenna input option for RSP2 and RSPduo.

Frequency step-rate setting added to the tracking generator control panel

The tracking generator connection problem has finally been solved. I'm happy to say it was not a coding problem at either end of the link. A description of the problem and the solution will be covered in a separate post.

I'll be catching up with the past posts over the next couple of days and will post replies where I can.

Looking forward to catching up.

Best regards to all

Steve
Last edited by SteveAndrew on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

K9AQ

Post by K9AQ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Steve,

It is really great to hear back from you. I was getting concerned that the development might have ended. I find the software does everything that I need it do to and can live with some of the minor bugs. I am anxiously awaiting your beta release.

Thanks again for all of your work.

Don
K9AQ
Last edited by K9AQ on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

vk2byf

Post by vk2byf » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:23 pm

I installed it easily, and it works just fine besides the bugs already reported.
I don't seem to be able to find a link to to the tracking generator build details.
I have a Arduino Mega2560 on order but can't work out which ad9850 DDS to order
and details on how to connect the two together.
Looking at the pin layout of the two units, It's obvious its not going to be plug and play.
If someone could post a link to the build details please, that would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Bob vk2byf
Last edited by vk2byf on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DaveR

Post by DaveR » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4341

Using a Mega2560 board is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut - a small Nano board is all that's required. Use one of the blue AD9850 or AD9851 boards you can find on ebay or wherever, and hope that you get a good one. There are no build details as such, as there are only six wires to connect between the two boards (details in the link); upload the Arduino code for your board, start the analyser software, then start Trackgen. Done!

If you've not used an Arduino before, I'd suggest you try some of the simple examples you can find easily enough online (flashing LED etc.) so that you can see how it works. You'll also need to find and download XLoader.exe to upload the Trackgen code, as it comes as a compiled .hex file rather than an .ino program file.

Regards,
Dave
Last edited by DaveR on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.