System requirements

Discussions about everything to do with SDRuno
Ambrose Wolfinger

System requirements

Post by Ambrose Wolfinger » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:28 am

Hi everyone, I am planning on purchasing an RSP2 once I get a new computer. However, I would like some information on minimum and suggested system requirements. I haven’t been able to find any here. I am planning on purchasing a PC laptop running Windows 10.

The systems I’ve narrowed down have an Intel i7-7700HQ, i7-8550U, or i5-8250U quad core, 8gb of Ram (upgrade able to 16), SSD, which should be fine. For graphics either an NVIDIA GeForce 940M or the integrated Intel UHD graphics.

If I am running SDR Uno, along with FLDigi, or Multi PSK, will this be sufficient? In another forum, it was strongly suggested I go with a separate NVIDIA GPU. I know the site for SDR Console specifically recommends this, but I don’t know much I really need it with SDRUno and the other programs I mentioned.

Any suggestions. I don’t need a lot of graphics power for any other applications, so if it came down to it, would I be ok with the Intel graphics?
Last edited by Ambrose Wolfinger on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason